Learn about Water Issues
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s
water page provides information on national water issues and resources for how
you can help protect water.
basic water information via online tutorials from the Michigan Water Stewardship Program and a
homeowner toolkit to help you become a better water steward.
• Build your scientific background on water through the U.S. Geological Survey’s
Water Resources page.
• Visit the USGS site for
current water data for Illinois to view the stream and rain gage data for Kane County.
• Access plenty of useful information about watershed Best Management Practices and water conservation from the
Northwest Water Planning Alliance’s Resource Center, and access the Outdoor Water Conservation Manual.
• The Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant has a collection of useful brochures on natural lawn care practices.
• Dupage County Environmental Division provides informational brochures on a variety of topics, including: naturalized areas, wetlands & streams, and illicit discharges.
• Get information on
septic system maintenance from the Kane County Health Department.
• Learn about
rain barrels and
rain gardens for your home and property.
Get Involved—Local Watershed Groups
Participate in a river cleanup, volunteer monitoring program, or educational event:
Friends of the Fox River
Fox River Study Group
Fox River Ecosystem Partnership (FREP)
Valley of the Fox Water Sentinels
The Conservation Foundation
Kane County Stormwater Brochures
Homeowner Resource Card
Be a Clean Water Champion
Swimming Pool Maintenance